Assistant Production Manager - Schrott
Job no: 494994
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Arts & Events
The Butler Arts and Events Center is seeking an energetic, self-motivated arts professional to become part of our team as the Assistant Production Manager at the Schrott Center for the Arts, one of the bustling venues of the BAEC. As a member of the production team, a candidate will report to and work closely with the Schrott's Production Manager to keep operations running smoothly while setting up and maintaining the technical aspects for a variety of performances including dance, music, theatre, lectures, visual art exhibits, as well as assisting with front-of-house needs. Additionally, this position manages events in Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall and Shelton Auditorium, overseeing maintenance of the halls, creating and maintaining training manuals, technical packets, and production procedure policies, as well as overseeing the training and scheduling of Butler University student workers.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years experience in the field with familiarity in technical theatre, live sound reinforcement and multi-track audio recording, and theatrical lighting and DMX systems
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- Willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend