Custodian - Fieldhouse Crew Member
Job no: 494980
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University seeks an individual to assist with daily custodial work at the athletic facilities of Butler University. Regular hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm, with flexibility required during the period of November 1 to March 31 because of the events season. Flex time is used at the supervisor’s discretion.
- Assist with daily custodial/ janitorial work- cleaning and maintaining the athletic facilities.
- Areas include but are not limited to; classrooms, offices, restrooms, locker rooms gym space and floors, concourse space and floors, practice and game facilities, indoor/ outdoor seating areas, equipment maintenance and public access areas.
- Assist with set-up of equipment and furniture for classes, meetings, practices, games and events.
- Assist with field lining and turf field maintenance.
- Perform limited repairs to facilities and equipment.
- Work during athletic events and/ or clean up after events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Physical ability to perform assigned tasks with the ability to lift/move up to 70 lbs.
- Good manual labor skills.
- Reliable work habits with a responsive, positive attitude.
- Modest mechanical skills for facilities and equipment repairs
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, that include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend