General Maintenance Worker Level 3
Job no: 494670
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Butler University seeks a general Maintenance Worker level 3 to assist with repairs and projects under the general direction of the Structures Supervisor. This Position will be 1st shift 7am-3:30 pm, but may also need to work some flexible shifts.
- Repairs of cabinets, counters, shelves, tables and miscellaneous furniture.
- Repairs and replaces doors, closures and locks.
- Alters and repairs a variety of building structures such as walls, partitions, doorways, windows and frames, stairways, masonry and roofs.
- Installs window glass and screens, applies wall and floor covering materials, in addition to installing and repairing ceramic and other types of tile.
- May make routine electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs when that work is integral to the repairs or installation.
- Helps guide the work of less experienced workers.
- 5-7 years experience
- Strong knowledge and skills with a variety of construction materials, tools required for general construction, renovation and repairs. Experience with academic or historic buildings a plus.
- Structured training from related general trades is desirable.
- Must be able to be on call and work some flexible shifts.
- Must have a Valid Drivers License and a good driving record
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
As a condition of employment, Butler University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff (subject to applicable law). COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQs
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend