Accounts Payable Assistant
Job no: 494623
Work type: Staff Full-time
The Accounts Payable Assistant's primary responsibilities include weekly check run processing and daily customer service to the Butler community and outside vendors.
- Ensures timely review and processing of Accounts Payable items including monthly and quarterly audits.
- Serves as the first contact for the Butler community and outside individuals. Answers, fields and screens questions and documents received in person, via email (includes AP and Chrome River email boxes), via phone, and via mail.
- Maintains Accounts Payable files within financial and electronic imaging systems and Butler's banking institutions.
- Assists Business Office with ordering suppliers, forms, and services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned including backing up other Accounts Payable functions as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in accounting or similar work environment required.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Excel required, PeopleSoft Financials and Chrome River a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills with demonstrated attention to detail and ability to relate to individuals at varying levels internally and externally.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
- Demonstrated success working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to use discretion in working with confidential and sensitive data.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
As a condition of employment, Butler University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff (subject to applicable law). COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQs
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend