Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Assistant Director, Donor Relations
Job no: 494493
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University is coming off its largest and most successful comprehensive campaign to date, raising over $263 mil. Central to continuing this effort is supporting and increasing donor engagement and giving. The Assistant Director of Donor Relations will join the Donor Relations and Stewardship team in planning and executing Butler’s institution-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program. The Assistant Director is responsible for tactical execution of the plan and creating meaningful opportunities to engage, thank, and retain current and future donors.
The Assistant Director of Donor Relations will also be responsible for the annual Men’s Basketball donor engagement strategy through President’s section ticket coordination and project management.
S/he reports to the Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship.
- Handle weekly acknowledgement processes in a timely manner
- Monitor daily reports for new members of giving societies as well as tiered acknowledgement donors
- Send welcome packets and support giving society communication/events
- Execute first gift, tributes and matching gift notification processes
- Update donor records in Advance, i.e. stewardees for endowed fund reporting, uploading completed gift agreements, contact reports for DRS initiatives
- Support donor engagement at athletic and campus events/MBB
- Assist events and marketing team with event registration, volunteer management, event briefs and pre-arrival communication
- Assist events team with setup and event flow
- Assist Advancement annual Men’s Basketball donor engagement strategy through President’s section ticket coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years of professional experience in higher education or the non-profit sector
- An understanding of higher education and/or non-profit fundraising, donor relations, and stewardship preferred
- Demonstrated foundation in project management, fundraising and event planning
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills with demonstrated attention to detail and ability to coordinate people and handle multiple deadline-driven projects
- Exceptional customer-donor service
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills required
- Tact, discretion, and prudence in working with confidential and sensitive data
- Computer software skills, including Microsoft Office and planned giving software is required, and knowledge of integrated client database systems is preferred
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.