Pharmacy Experiential Academic Program Coordinator
Job no: 494459
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Administrative, Academic & Student Services
The Pharmacy Experiential Academic Program Coordinator is a full-time, 12-month, staff appointment in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. The academic program coordinator is responsible for onboarding of preceptors and sites, and also assists in tracking completion of preceptor documentation for Introductory and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences.
- Tracks completion of preceptor evaluations of students’ performance for Introductory and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences, including correct input of hours, and sends reminders as appropriate.
- Tracks new preceptors’ completion of orientation through CEImpact and assists preceptors with questions.
- Annually reviews preceptor’s requests for affiliate status and checks that requirements are met for new or continued renewal.
- Processes all new preceptor applications, update all IPPE and APPE preceptor’s status and information, and ensures applications and syllabus are on file.
- Maintains site-specific onboarding procedures for rotation sites on E*value; assists students and preceptors with on-boarding process.
- Assists with coordination and logistics of Preceptor Development events.
- Assists Experiential Education team with verification of student requirements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in the healthcare field is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Serve as a resource to preceptors, healthcare organizations, and students and be proactive in problem solving issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external members in writing, in person, and utilizing a telephone or video conferencing.
- Ability to interact effectively with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- Proficiency in software used for scheduling and evaluating experiential students.
- Understanding of pharmacy professional degree and licensing requirements.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend