Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Job no: 494374
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Butler University sees a groundskeeper for our Indianapolis campus.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Mows, trims and edges turf areas using riding mower, push mower, weed whip and edger. Mulches, weeds, removes thatch, aerates, and trims and edges around flower beds, walks, pathways and walls. Prepares planting beds with hand and power tools; integrates soil amendments; plants bulbs, flowers, ground covers, trees and shrubs; applies mulch. Prunes trees, shrubs, vines and hedges.
- Applies seed, fertilizer and chemicals.
- Rakes leaves. Performs snow and ice removal with hand tools and power equipment.
- Maintains parking lots and signage, clears storm water grates, and fills pot holes. Collects trash and items to be recycled.
- Transports parts, tools, equipment, and materials.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including general building maintenance duties. Drive University vehicles as needed. Work any shift as needed. 24-hour a day emergency response as needed. Assist with snow removal activities as necessary. Must be available to work during inclement weather (i.e. snow and ice) when weather emergencies dictate that the department is needed to take care of the campus.
- HS Diploma or GED and 1-2 years experience at a landscaping company
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Productivity\Consistently completes work in a timely manner
- Produces quantity of work assigned to the position
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.