Director of Residence Life
Job no: 494160
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Butler University seeks a collaborative student-centered leader to join the Student Affairs team as the Director of Residence Life. The Director will work closely with Residence Life professional and student staff, faculty-in-residence, and other campus partners to cultivate an inclusive residential environment that promotes student learning, student safety, and community development. This individual will advance BUBeWell by developing co-curricular experiences for students that promote personal life skills and well-being. This is a 12-month, full-time, live off campus position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the University's strategic goal of creating an intentionally diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning environment.
- Providing leadership in the Department of Residence Life that is responsible for over 2700 students, across 7 facilities, including traditional residence halls and campus apartments.
- Overseeing the day-to-day functions of Residence Life while collaborating with campus partners to ensure a positive and safe student experience.
- Assisting in the adjudication of the conduct process within Residence Life in conjunction with the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Promoting an environment for students to develop academically and socially, while engaging them to develop a sense of personal responsibility and accountability within the community.
- Advancing BUBeWell by developing co-curricular experiences for students that promote personal life skills, effective communication, and physical and mental health throughout the residential environment.
- Using the Council for Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS), align Residence Life with established best practices for housing and residential life programs. Implement a robust assessment strategy for continuous improvement and for measuring the impact of all programs and services within Residence Life.
- Create accountability and ownership among team members; communicate clear expectations and provide timely performance feedback..
- Provide on-call/emergency support
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in higher education, student affairs or related field
- 5-7 years direct experience working in Residence Life on a college campus
- Requires living within 20 minutes of campus
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend