|Job Summary: Assists Butler Athletics with the day-to-day responsibilities within External Operations with a goal of providing the best possible experience for student-athletes and fans. This includes marketing, promotions, social media and game operations responsibilities, as well as direct work with University licensing efforts.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create & execute promotional plans for Butler’s athletic teams, includes coordinating with coaching staffs, graphic design, desktop publishing, advertising, and event work with a major focus on revenue generation through ticket sales, partnerships, licensing and ancillary programs.
2. Manage Athletic Department social media accounts for purpose of promoting our team’s accomplishments, advertising our home events and increasing the level of customer service provided to our fans.
3. Direct game entertainment at home athletic events, including script writing, music, video, coordination of spirit groups, and sponsor fulfillment.
4. Direct the trademark & Licensing program for Butler University, including approving artwork, creating merchandising opportunities and generating revenue via royalties while promoting the Butler brand in the retail marketplace.
5. Fulfill sponsorship contracts at home athletic events and on social media by working with Butler Sports Properties.
6. Supervise external operations intern, coordinate our undergraduate marketing internship program and oversee the Dawg Pound student section, the Cheerleading Team and Butler Dance Team.
7. Coordinate department projects and design work with University Marketing, ie schedule posters, billboards, arena signage, print and digital advertising
8. Perform other duties as assigned.