Job no: 493907
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Public Safety
This position is for a police dispatcher on late shift. We work a combination of 12 hour and 8 hour days roughly 7pm - 7am.
- Takes calls for service from the community.
- Dispatches officers to run locations.
- Runs / verifies information for officers
- Monitors alarms
- Activates the Emergency Notification System
- Maintain state records of police dispatch activity.
- Operated electronic lockdowns and unlocks.
- Maintain operations calendar
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Computer skills
- Obtain IDACS Certification from state.
- Telephone communication skills
- Able to act under stressful situations
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend