Job no: 493628
Work type: Staff Part-time
The LACY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS at Butler University is seeking an Administrative Specialist to provide essential support in the Graduate Programs office to students, faculty, and staff of the Masters of Arts in Management
Responsibilities: The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Director of Recruitment in their recruiting efforts as needed.
- Support the execution of communication plans at all stages of the enrollment funnel, as necessary.
- Support the planning and execution of recruitments events on and off campus, as well as virtually.
- Works closely with Director Recruitment, Graduate Program Director and Admissions to track prospect inquiries and applicants throughout the application process.
- Implement MiM website updates in conjunction with Director of Marketing and University Marketing.
- Supports the creation and updating of materials for prospects, current students, alumni, and new adjunct faculty. This includes brochures, marketing materials, orientation materials, on-going communication, and new adjunct training.
- Monitor students' progress through the graduate program while assisting them and their advisors in a variety of areas including course registration, schedule changes, proficiency exams, graduation related issues, and GPA problems.
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean of Graduate Programs, Graduate Program Directors, and Director of Recruiting as well as, to students, staff and faculty in the Lacy School of Business Graduate Programs.
- Assist the Graduate Program Director with all aspects of event planning for Master of Arts in Management program, including, but not limited to, open houses, recruiting webinars, on-campus student and alumni professional development workshops, including communication with external company executives.
- Compile Orientation Materials, Welcome Packets, Parking passes, etc.
- Process all invoices and departmental expense reports for payment.
- Provide support for committees related to graduate students, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least three years' experience in an administrative support position. Prefer at least 5 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel and knowledge of or the ability to learn other software applications and systems. Experience with Moodle, PeopleSoft, and CRM systems desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to private records
- Ability to work with a certain level of ambiguity within a fast-paced work environment, to work as part of a team, and to be able to prioritize and multi-task are also essential.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend