Associate Director of Butler Community Engagement - Alumni Relations
Job no: 495042
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University is seeking an Associate Director of Butler Community Engagement. This position is responsible for the development and execution of community engagement and relationship-building plans on behalf of Butler University. This includes but is not limited to alumni, family, friends, and donors. This role exists to:
1. Support the strategic development and execution of programming in communities (regional and MBA) that engage constituents with the greatest propensity to give of their time, talent, and treasure.
2. Support philanthropic efforts by overseeing the programming and strategy for the annual Giving Circle program and grant submission process.
3. Develop relationships with key constituents that further Butler’s objectives related to student success and fundraising for urgent student needs.
- Oversee the execution of community programming, market strategy, and annual plans that leverage each market/audience to contribute to annual Advancement goals
- Build and maintain relationships with key constituents to help further Butler’s goals and objectives
- Execute annual Butler Giving Circle shareholder recruitment strategy and grant submission process
- Assist the BUAA Board of Directors in executing committee programming and contribute to the Board’s annual goals and objectives
- Assist in discovery and qualification of new alumni and community donors within assigned communities; promote, increase, and solicit philanthropic activity within assigned communities; help build donor prospect pipeline by providing leads and information to development staff.
- Oversee the management of alumni communities and other groups as assigned (This is inclusive of work with Alumni Regional Communities, MBA Community, Alumni Board of Directors, and Giving Circle) and assist in their efforts to engage each community’s alumni populations to advance the University’s mission.
- Facilitate communication, training, and event management as required for communities, including but not limited to developing training and support resources and working with appropriate partners to organize event invite lists, emails, RSVP forms, social media, venues, catering, and additional logistics.
- Assist in the planning and execution of key University engagement activities including but not limited to Homecoming.
- Regularly assess community progress and report key findings to Advancement division staff and members of the Butler University Alumni Association Board of Directors. Research and implement industry best practices to achieve success.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience successfully managing, assisting, and motivating volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak in front of groups
- Professional, courteous, and friendly disposition; must feel comfortable representing the University to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to connect and build relationships with a wide variety of people
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timeframes and within budget
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with or ability to learn database software
- An understanding of higher education and/or non-profit businesses
- Event management experience
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend