Behavioral Health Clinician
Job no: 494972
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University seeks a Behavioral Health Clinician to supports the Athletics Department and the Sports Performance Team to provide mental health services in order to assist student-athletes in their collegiate pursuits. The person in this position provides individual and group therapy for student-athletes, educational programming and consultation for students, parents, coaches, and staff. This position requires a passion for and competence in social justice, equity, and diversity. Similar to all Sports Performance staff, this clinician will work to integrate inclusive excellence in all professional roles and activities. This position involves an explicit emphasis on fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the employee’s roles as clinician, supervisor, and colleague, and this focus should be evident across various tasks/functions/etc.
- Deliver therapeutic services to individuals/groups
- Provide emergency and crisis intervention services
- Provide consultation services to coaches, staff, students, and parents
- Provide outreach and student-athlete development programming to athletic community
- Participates in Big East Conference Student-Athlete Well-Being Forum
- Ensure record-keeping and clinical services are in regulatory and ethical compliance and meet accreditation standards
- As time and money permits, represents Butler University regionally and nationally through attendance of professional organization meeting
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sr. Associate Athletic Director
- PhD/PsyD in Counseling or Clinical Psychology (Licensed) with graduate training in sport psychology/kinesiology. Masters level (LPC, LCSW, LMHC)
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competence and demonstrated successful experience in provision of psychological services to student-athletes.
- Demonstrated ability work effectively with professional and administrative colleagues from different departments, divisions, and disciplines
- Experience working in a college counseling setting (internship year can be included)
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend