Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
TEMP Shop, Lead
Job no: 493229
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
This person will perform preventative maintenance, plumbing, and other duties as it relates to the TEMP Shop. This position will also be a candidate to learn the supervisory duties and role of an Assistant Supervisor. This person will act as a supervisor for second shift employees. Answering questions, provide guidance, and lead.
- Perform PM as dictated by schedules in various buildings on fans, motors, HVAC equipment, and plumbing equipment.
- Be the point of contact for second and third shift employees. Be the Lead on second shift. Answer questions, provide guidance, assist with supervision, and ensure employees are working effectively and efficiently. Communicate regularly with the Supervisor of the TEMP Shop. Provide assistance to other crafts, project managers, and outside vendors when necessary; Provides estimates for tasks when asked.
- Inspect mechanical rooms, check assigned mechanical and plumbing systems for leaks, excessive noise, vibration, and functionality. Trouble shoot, check operation, diagnose and solve problems as it relates to fans, motors, HVAC equipment, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Determines materials and equipment needed for performing maintenance tasks and scheduled work. Research and order replacement parts and materials. Ensure employees have what they need to complete their assignments.
- Responds to emergency calls as needed. Subject to overtime work.
- Use electronic tools, I.E., computer, I-pad, etc., to check work order requests, close work orders, record time keeping, check e-mails, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2-4 years previous experience working on fans, motors, HVAC equipment, and plumbing fixtures.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.