Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Executive Director, Data Analytics Theory and Application (DATA) Center
Job no: 493125
Work type: Staff Full-time
This position provides leadership for the DATA Center. The Executive Director will contribute to and support Butler’s strategic evolution as a data-driven organization that acquires, processes, and applies data in a timely fashion to uphold its mission to provide the highest quality of liberal and professional education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct daily operations of the DATA Center: analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing/refining standards, evaluating progress, ensuring compliance with institutional reporting requirements, including management and supervision of institutional research and reporting personnel
- Assist in the clarification of research questions and hypotheses that arise during institutional strategic and annual planning; perform ad hoc statistical analysis and interpretation to facilitate strategic decision-making
- Define, monitor, and support the delivery of key institutional metrics
- Communicate with scholars and practitioners, representatives of peer and aspirant institutions, vendors, and professional organizations to stay abreast of industry trends and disruptions
- Support faculty whose teaching and/or scholarship focuses on data modeling and/or analytics; create and deliver, or secure, faculty development opportunities
- Oversee the definition and execution of data analytics projects. This entails the assembly and coordination of teams comprised of Butler faculty and student interns.
- Support the educational mission of the institution by teaching at least one course per year, and up to one course per semester, in the Data Science program or other relevant area of expertise
- Serve as a liaison between Butler university and the community, cultivating relationships with prospective external clients and identifying opportunities for student interns and faculty consultants to become involved in data analytics projects
- Develop a revenue stream for the Center (which may be in partnership with the Butler Business Consulting Group) through billable project work for clients
- Partner with individuals in IT who have direct responsibility for capturing, storing, and processing relevant data and for data governance (i.e., the IT “data team”)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Collaborative and consultative approach to ensure a wide range of campus constituents are able to provide input, feedback, ask questions, and express concerns.
- Proactively develop working relationships with University faculty, staff, and administrators to facilitate a strategic emphasis on the utilization of data to address institutional concerns.
- Understanding of higher education institutions, of the role of faculty in such institutions, and of shared governance.
- Philosophy of servant-leadership.
- Understand and model best practices in effective customer service.
- Understand and apply project management skills to create efficient processes and streamline existing processes.
- Understand and apply best practices in planning and assessment to inform decision- making processes.
- Foster a collaborative, future-oriented work environment that encourages creativity.
- Understand and apply best practices in professional development for oneself and for those whom one supervises.
- Terminal degree in data science or related discipline
- Ten years of effective work experience in academic environments
- Five years of effective teaching experience in data science or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of both academic and administrative strategies, goals, and approaches
- Progressively responsible experience related to strategic planning and the development and maintenance of a data-informed organizational culture.
- Demonstrated competence in developing and supporting inclusive environments in which a diverse range of individuals can thrive
All applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until a successful candidate is identified. For full consideration please include a cover letter describing your interest in the position.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.