Science Library Associate (Revised)
Job no: 493124
Work type: Staff Part-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Assist in the supervision of services and activities of a branch library - including assisting library patrons as needed, participating in circulation operations, supervising student assistants, shelving and maintaining stacks, supporting reserve operations, and other duties as assigned. This position is a regular part-time, twelve-month position and requires 25 hours of work per week (excluding holidays and university closure).
- Assist the Science Librarian in all activities of the Science Library, including:
- Providing circulation/reserve/reference assistance to library patrons
- Supporting general library operations including equipment maintenance, monitoring and ordering supplies, stack maintenance, compiling usage statistics and reports
- Supporting the supervision, training, and scheduling of student employees
- Maintain the Science Library serials collections.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff in Irwin Library to ensure consistency of services in circulation, collection management, and resource sharing.
- In absence of the Science Librarian, supervise general activities of the Science Library.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Relevant library experience and Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-tasks, organize, and set priorities
- Proficiency in basic computer software and applications
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated dependability
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend