Facilities Service Tech I
Job no: 494997
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Under direct supervision of the T.E.M.P. shop supervisor, performs semi-skilled and skilled maintenance duties in a variety of trade areas that may include plumbing, electrical, HVAC, data communication, fire alarms, campus utilities, building automations systems, swimming pool operations, preventative maintenance, and event staffing. Assignments may include service/diagnosis, repair/replace, new install, preventive maintenance, construction of some minor projects, or other trades based on knowledge and skill level. This position will plan to start no earlier than mid January 2024.
- Receives work order requests that may include service/diagnosis, repair or replacement, new install, preventative maintenance, construction of some minor projects, or other assignments based on knowledge and skill level.
- Handles basic issues and problems and assists more skilled staff with the completion of larger and more complex assignments.
- Communicates with internal customers to include staff, faculty, and students as needed. Provides friendly and professional customer service experiences.
- Ensures work is performed in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May work various shifts, and overtime is required.
- This is an essential staff position that may be required to report to work when the University is closed or during inclement weather.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of experience in a skilled trade (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, or data communications)
- OSHA 10 and Lock Out Tag Out training required
- CFC Certification required for HVAC trade
- Certified Pool Operator required for pool operations
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
- Must be able to:
- Use computers and iPads at a basic level
- Update maintenance records
- Use hand and power tools applicable to trade
- Read, understand, and follow safety procedures
- Understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Pass a physical exam and lift test
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend