Academic Program Coordinator - Pharmaceutical Sciences
Job no: 494992
Work type: Staff Full-time
Provide administrative support to the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy Program, and faculty of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Perform and anticipate administrative needs of the Pharmacy Program, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the Department Chair or Pharmaceutical Sciences. This support includes, but is not necessarily limited to; fielding telephone calls; managing calendars; making travel arrangements; organizing departmental meetings; securing and managing financial expenditures in relation to the faculty's' research labs which includes externally-funded grants.
- Collaborates with Pharmacy program director and pharmacy assistant directors to ensure administrative needs are met. This includes serving as the contact point and coordinator for curriculum-related changes, updates, or needs of the program.
- Coordinates and serves as the primary contact person for ad hoc committee for the Department Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Responsible for purchasing lab items and instructional materials for faculty, along with overseeing the budget for the Department.
- Work with SDS and faculty on upcoming exams, filling out SDS requests, getting sign in sheets, ExamSoft printouts of exams, passwords, scrap paper ready for exams. Make sure all SDS student paperwork has been submitted and checking for accuracy.
- Creates, maintains, and completes professional external communications. For example, maintaining the Department web page, the alumni database, and coordinating alumni holiday cards.
- Coordinates with faculty to obtain subject area experts who serve as guest lectures or affiliates for their courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 years of experience in admin experience
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite programs, Media development software (video, printed and social media)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend