Academic Program Coordinator - PA Studies
Job no: 494986
Work type: Staff Full-time
Provides administrative support to the chair of the Department of PA studies and approximately 10 PA faculty members. Key areas of focus include coordination of lab supplies and schedules; organization and creation of programmatic communication, materials, and projects; and cultivation of a warm, collegial team culture.
- Coordinates academic program needs,, equipment, external graders, as well as accreditation and affiliate reporting for the MPAS program. Maintains databases with appropriate PA organizations which includes accuracy of student profiles. Works with faculty members on obtaining subject area experts who serve as guest lecturers in the program. Examples of academic coordination include creating lab groups for each individual lab and rotating students thru the schedules to ensure interactions with all classmates; determining complex student scheduling for OSCE labs; ensuring exam requirements are in place which includes proctoring and student accommodations; maintaining list of equipment which includes warranty information/expiration, and life expectancy of each piece of equipment as well as coordinating replacement cycle for each type of equipment ranging in price from $200 to $100,000+;and creating academic reports for NCCPA, AAPA, ARC-PA and Department Assessment Committee.
- Assists faculty and lecturers with course materials, assignments, and projects.
- Coordinates academic lab experiences in collaboration with faculty including, but not limited to, the organization, procurement, and maintenance of lab supplies; set up and tear down for multiple lab courses; and coordination with other University departments, such as IT and CAT to meet the various requirements, including technology, for each specific lab experience. Coordinates all aspects of “patients” for the labs which includes establishing relationships with external individuals which will serve in the “patient” capacity, recruiting and hiring of individuals for the various labs, and ensuring proper compensation for said individuals.
- Creates, maintains, and completes professional, external communications. Examples include maintaining and updating department website and social media accounts, coordinating the production of the PA Connection magazine, maintaining and tracking program affiliate agreements, maintaining and updating alumni database, processing and submitting alumni verifications for employment and licensure requirements , and coordinating alumni communications such as holiday cards, etc.
- Perform and anticipate administrative needs of the Physician Assistant Program. This support includes, but is not necessarily limited to, maintaining correspondence; fielding telephone calls; managing calendars; making travel arrangements; meeting and event arrangements; and preparing reports.
- Maintains a working knowledge of departmental financials in relation to office and lab supplies as well as standardized patients. Must be (or become) proficient with University financial systems. Understands University Purchasing Policies and procedures in order to ensure compliance with lab and equipment purchases. Examples include creating and managing purchase orders for external vendors which ensures financial resources are available for lab purchases; creating vendor profiles for external standardized patients as well as creating invoices and submitting payment requests for said standardized patients in a timely manner; managing and submitting required documentation for procurement card purchases.
- Serves as backup for Experiential Education staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong technical aptitude with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to handle all communication in both a time-sensitive and accurate manner and an ability to cultivate a welcoming, warm environment
- Ability to work in a high-demand environment as a team player; excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously, and creatively improve processes.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend