Assistant Director for Jordan College of Arts Admissions
Job no: 494984
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Administrative, Arts & Events
The Assistant Director for Jordan College of Arts Admissions will assist with the implementation of outreach recruitment, audition, and new student enrollment processes for the Jordan College of the Arts, with a specific focus on marketing activities in conjunction with the Associate Director for JCA Recruitment. This role will especially support the School of Music
- Serve as the main point of contact for all JCA marketing materials such as:
- Ads for JCA events
- Recruitment materials
- Maintain the accuracy and relevance of the JCA website in conjunction with all JCA departments with special focus on recruitment-related areas such as:
- Audition dates and details
- Performances for all departments
- Faculty bios and photos
- JCA-specific recruitment events (Music Specialty Days, School of Music Competitions, Theatre Day, etc.)
- Maintain the JCA social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, X, etc. by:
- Posting department-generated event content for student performances, faculty recitals, guest performances and master classes, etc.
- Creating a comprehensive plan for social media content across all platforms.
- Monitor the Butler Arts and Events website with regard to JCA performances.
- Coordinate JCA registrations and staffing at external recruitment and outreach events such as conferences, college fairs, and festivals. Duties include:
- Registering for the event(s)
- Arranging for booth/table space
- Communicating logistics information to representatives (such as set-up and tear down, housing, transportation, etc.)
- Preparing/gathering needed materials for the event
- Creating related communications to prospective students announcing JCA’s presence
- Manage the college-specific content of the electronic display in Lilly Hall.
- Share the following duties with the Associate Director for JCA Recruitment:
- Serve as the JCA representative at both internal and external recruiting and outreach events when needed; travel may be required.
- Communicate with prospective students and their families via email, phone, etc.
- Meet with prospective JCA students and their families for individual JCA visits.
- Coordinate additional activities for prospective student visits when appropriate such as:
- Sample music lessons
- Class observations
- Shadow days
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing, higher education, and/or recruitment
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint, and One Drive
- Technical knowledge: CMS platforms, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Workspace, HTML, Graphic Design, Canvas, Social media platforms
- Experience working with community-based organizations, underserved populations, and diverse audiences
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and management of multiple projects
- Familiarity with arts programs
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend