Job no: 494982
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Marketing & Communications
The Marketing Specialist supports the Marketing and Communications division by providing strategic marketing and project management support to a wide variety of University clients. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for working collaboratively with clients to identify their marketing needs and then stewarding the smooth execution of their projects through Marketing’s Creative Team. The Marketing Specialist plays a crucial role in ensuring marketing projects are delivered on time and with maximum impact.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strong individual contributor who enjoys leading and managing multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail and follow-through. The candidate should have exceptional relationship-building skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people, as well as strong organizational abilities.
This is a hybrid work position reporting to the Senior Director of Brand Strategy.
The Marketing and Communications division at Butler University leads strategy and carries out functions for brand awareness, enrollment marketing, digital strategy, and creative services. The division is responsible for promoting and advancing the Butler University brand to prospective students and families, donors and alumni, community members, and the general public.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for several campus clients; develop a thorough knowledge of the client’s goals and marketing objectives.
- Work collaboratively with clients to develop project-based marketing and communications plans; strategize, troubleshoot, and review needs and solutions.
- Oversee production of creative materials including print, digital, and video assets using the division’s project management software. Organize and set clear expectations in regard to tasks and deliverables required.
- Write and edit content for use in multiple formats (print, social media, website).
- Work closely with internal and external print vendors on quotes, timelines, print production, and in some cases installations.
- Steward the production of projects that are entered through the division’s Project Request Form.
- Represent the Marketing and Communications division on various committees and work teams that plan and execute important campus activities and initiatives.
- Help ensure that new and existing marketing materials maintain Butler brand standards.
- Support miscellaneous writing and editing needs for the Marketing and Communications division.
- 1-3 years of marketing, project management, or communications coordination experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of communication and marketing best practices.
- Experience working with creative teams to develop assets for digital and print projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines, handling a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in Wordpress
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend