Assistant Director of Admission
Job no: 494926
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
We seek a degreed professional to promote and represent the university to prospective students and assist students and families in the enrollment process. Reports to Associate Director of Admission and is responsible for all aspects regarding recruitment of prospective first year and transfer students. Uses a strategic approach to territory management with guidance of the senior team to ensure steps are in place to meet enrollment goals. Assists with the coordination of projects and programs as assigned.
- Recruitment Territory Assignments
- Cultivate relationships with students, local school/college counselors, independent counselors, and community based organizations in recruitment territory
- Review and holistically evaluate approximately 600-1000 applications for assigned territory
- Plan and execute data-driven travel based on demographic analyses, market research, and other admission data to high schools and college fairs in assigned territory; 25-100+ high school visits, 5-25+ college fairs, 10-40+ days of travel, including overnight travel
- Assist with various events at high schools such as application workshops and panel discussions
- Counsel constituents on the admission and financial aid process to support enrollment via phone, text, interview, campus visit programs, etc.
- Coordinate off-campus events and meetings for prospective/admitted students
- Host 4-6 weekly virtual meetings for families and students to connect
- Assist with on campus events (Discover Butler, Open House, Butler Blue Scholars’ Day, etc.), HS counselor visit program, and Office of Admission and/or Enrollment Management Retreat
- Present and facilitate in-person and virtual Info Sessions and Admitted Student Visits.
- Serve as primary liaison to other academic or student support offices, including supervisory role to secondary liaison.
- Serve on an admission application review committee by specific College or Greenlight Match/Concourse Global.
- Review and make recommendations on applications for supplemental scholarship opportunities
- Interview students for scholarships (Butler Blue Scholars Day)
- Attends meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops
- Serve as member of regional ACAC
- Responsibilities may include:
- Serve on new hire committees
- Plan schedule for potential candidates for interview times and schedule
- Present and facilitate specific sessions or workshops as part of on-campus events
Specialization areas may include:
- ATHLETICS: Serve as a liaison for Athletics
- Lead for athletic recruits visiting campus that have requested to meet with an admission representative
- Meet with coaches to provide updates, share goals and confirm guidelines
- Manage and distribute list of PSA’s for admission and FA purposes
- ALUMNI: Serve as liaison for Alumni/Advancement/Family Council
- Coordinate referral list and process
- Coordinate alumni in recruitment and yield initiatives
- A bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years college admission experience, or other professional experience in working with college bound students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills – detail oriented
- Experience in selective admission review processes
- Experience working in financial aid or strong knowledge base of the financial aid process
- Strong teamwork skills for providing solutions
- Flexibility in a changing environment
- Willingness to work extra hours and/or weekends when needed
- Valid U.S. driver’s license/maintain personal Auto Liability Insurance with a limit no less than $100,000 per person/$300,000 aggregate for bodily injury and $100,000 for property damage
- Individual serves in a primarily on-campus role during the regular work week with flexibility based on required travel and approved work from home options that may include one to two days a week depending on season/workload.
- Experience in database management and/or manipulation (knowledge of PeopleSoft, Slate or other Admission CRMs preferred)
- Experience in multicultural recruitment, international admission and college access
- Fluent in Spanish
- Strategic use of Slate Technolutions is a plus
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend