Job no: 494916
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Butler University seeks an Admission Counselor to promote and represent the University to prospective students and guide them and thei and families in the enrollment process. This role is responsible for all aspects of recruitment for prospective first-year and transfer students. The Admission Counselor uses a strategic approach to territory management with guidance from the senior team to ensure steps are in place to meet enrollment goals while assisting with the coordination of projects and programs as assigned.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Admission, this role serves in a primarily on-campus capacity during the regular work week, with flexibility based on required travel and approved work-from-home options. This may include one to two days a week depending on season/workload.
- Strategically manage an assigned territory involving approximately 10-12 weeks of recruitment travel such as high school visits, college fair attendance, student and parent panel participation, interviews, case studies, and prospective or admitted student receptions
- Cultivate relationships with students, local school/college counselors, independent counselors, and community-based organizations in recruitment territory
- Counsel constituents on the admission and financial aid process to support enrollment
- Review and evaluate applications comprehensively by territory and programs
- Assist with on-campus events
- Coordinate off-campus events and meetings for prospective/admitted students
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in small and large group presentations
- Working knowledge of O365, including Teams, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Able to travel and work evenings and weekends, when needed
- Exceptional communication, public speaking and organizational skills
- Possess valid U.S. driver’s license and clear driving record
- Previous professional college or university work experience with knowledge of admission and financial aid processes preferred
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Free subscription to the WSJ and NYT
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend