Job no: 494908
Work type: Staff Full-time
The Administrative Coordinator at Butler University Libraries provides administrative support for the Dean of Libraries and Library Faculty, oversees our budget, and is in charge of facilities and operations for all library spaces.
Primary Responsibilities include
- Assisting in the development or redefinition of administrative procedures as technologies evolve, aiming to improve efficiency in the Libraries.
- Handling facilities and operations needs related to Irwin Library, and in the branch libraries as needed.
- Representing the Dean as primary point of contact for capital/construction/renovation projects in the libraries.
- Overseeing and supporting internal HR processes, assisting in hiring/candidate logistics, search committee support, entering status forms, etc.
- Paying invoices, handling POs, tracking all expenditures, and generating reports for the libraries’ operating budget.
- Supporting Library staff/faculty professional development travel, booking logistics, tracking expenditures, and processing reimbursements
- Overseeing and maintaining (as necessary) tech deployment in the Libraries, including IT replacement cycle contact, lab machines, printers, door counting cameras, etc.
- Serving as the main intermediary with various other campus business/support entities
- Support library faculty/staff with pulling and preparing data from library systems for presentation
- Communicating effectively with library staff/ faculty regarding all of the above
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Adobe tools
- Basic budget/accounting capabilities
- Ability to communicate and build/cultivate relationships with other campus areas
- Attention to detail, and ability to organize information
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, that include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend