The Enrollment Marketing Specialist is responsible for the execution of marketing strategies and plans and the development of marketing content for prospective students. This position works closely with the Enrollment Management division, the academic colleges, and departments across campus that engage with prospective students. This position plays a key role in driving enrollment. As a member of the Marketing and Communications division, this collaborative role reports to the Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing and also interfaces daily with members of the Offices of Admission, Financial Aid, Enrollment Operations, Registration and Records, and the academic colleges.
This position is responsible for executing on several enrollment marketing efforts, including: supporting project management responsibilities and creating compelling content for use across multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate for this position is a creative, skilled marketing generalist; has project management skills; is a strong writer and editor; and is able to create marketing assets that are compelling for prospective students, particularly at the high school level. This is a fast-paced position that works in close collaboration with other members of the Enrollment Marketing team and the Brand team. This position has the potential for hybrid work.
- Support enrollment marketing project management efforts and work in close, daily partnership with the Marketing and Communications creative team.
- Support the development of enrollment marketing and communication strategies and plans—across multiple channels, including web, print, email, paid media, social media, CRM, and video—that promote Butler University and its six academic colleges to prospective students and families. Write and edit compelling content for all mediums.
- Create enrollment marketing print publications, digital and web assets, feature-style stories and articles, recruitment videos and presentations, and marketing materials for undergraduate recruitment needs. Develop story ideas and write compelling copy focused on the prospective student audience.
- Provide marketing strategy and execution assistance to Enrollment Management for key recruitment efforts, including visits and events, travel, yield, financial aid packaging, and student search.
- Collaborate with the Brand Strategy team on social media, storytelling, and Butler Mascot strategies for reaching prospective student audiences.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and videographer on the creation of marketing assets for reaching prospective student audiences.
- Support marketing and communication needs and strategies for incoming students, including New Student Registration and Orientation.
- Execute robust marketing campaigns through Technolutions Slate, Butler’s enrollment customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Ensure that enrollment marketing materials reflect and communicate the Butler brand and messaging and adheres to brand standards.
- Work closely with external vendors, including printers and digital advertising partners. Support budget management needs for the Enrollment Marketing team.
- 1–3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related
- Proven project management and organizational skills with experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines at one time
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Experience in developing and repurposing creative and compelling content for use in multiple platforms
- Experience executing marketing plans across multiple channels, including email, print, and web
- Ability to collaborate with students and campus partners
- Prior admission/enrollment management experience
- Prior higher education marketing experience
- Experience in Wordpress
- Experience working in project management tools
The Marketing and Communications Division at Butler University leads strategy and carries out functions for brand awareness, enrollment marketing, digital strategy, and creative services. The division is responsible for promoting and advancing the Butler University brand to prospective students and families, donors and alumni, community members, and the general public.
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, that include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.