Job no: 494755
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Administrative, Finance
Butler University is currently searching for a Staff Accountant to join our dynamic team! This role will assist the University's Finance team by preparing journal entries and uploading interfaces, managing the internal financial reporting distribution processes, and assisting with the month-end close process. In support of the Oracle Cloud NextUp project, this role will also support our systems functional analyst, assistant controller, and controller. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an engaging and team-oriented environment. This position has the flexibility to follow a hybrid schedule working on campus 2-3 days a week and remotely the remainder.
- Processing interface and journal entry uploads, verifying accuracy of data, resolving issues, and confirming data integrity with campus departments as needed
- Managing internal financial reporting distribution processes
- Preparing journal entries and monthly/quarterly reconciliations
- Creating new operating departments, accounts, and programs
- Performing interface upload procedures, verifying accuracy of data, and working with campus departments to confirm data integrity
- Preparing journal entries, managing the internal financial reporting distribution processes, and setting up new operating departments, accounts, and programs
- Managing shared responsibilities in the month-end close and quarterly financial statement preparation
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years experience in accounting, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Advanced Excel experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related specialty
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, that include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition, hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend