Career Advisor, Career and Professional Success
Job no: 494750
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
The Career Advisor plays a major role in providing career advising and development opportunities for students and alumni. Provides services including resume development, interviewing practice, networking help, and career exploration.
- Meet with students and alumni one-on-one to discuss various topics regarding career planning and exploration. Help for students and alumni includes developing resumes, cover letters, practicing interviewing, networking skills, career assessments, and more.
- Serve as the liaison for the Efroymson Diversity Center working with underrepresented students on all career development needs. Build deep relationships with students in the Center, as well as, staff/faculty partners.
- Serve as the liaison to one college, working with this group of unique students on all career development needs. Build connections with students, faculty, and staff partners.
- Create and deliver engaging, career-related presentations and workshops for students in the Diversity Center, other colleges, and other constituent groups. Meet prospective students and parents at campus events to promote CaPS programs and services.
- Co-collect and co-manage the First Destination Survey data that showcases the success of Butler graduates.
- Create and gather assessment data on programming and make changes based on results and learning outcomes.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing CaPS events by helping with tasks such as setup and registration during daytime and evening events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s degree preferred in education, human resources, or another related field
- Two years experience working with college students
- Excellent networking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience providing successful support for those of diverse populations
- Experience working with assessments including Strong, MBTI, Focus 2, Strengths, or others
- Understanding of the career options for today's college students
- Understanding of data collection
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, that include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition, hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend