Campus Engineer - (Mechanical/Energy Engineer)
Job no: 494735
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
We are seeking a Campus Engineer to provide leadership and oversight in the design, maintenance, and operation of mechanical, electrical, telecommunications, plumbing, fire protection, and security systems at our university campus. Reporting to the AVP of Operations, you will work closely with Project Managers, act as the owner's representative for new building, renovation, and capital improvement projects, and play an active role in ensuring the successful completion of projects and operations of systems. This role will also be responsible for managing energy consumption, maintaining campus utility partners, and developing energy conservation initiatives to enhance the University's sustainability programs with every project.
- Manage energy consumption and maintenance of campus mechanical and electrical systems
- Manage and maintain campus utility partners including IPL, Citizens, EDF and others
- Manage projects for replacing or repairing campus systems as needed
- Act as an owner's representative for new buildings and renovation projects to ensure proper installation and operation of campus systems
- Monitor, manage, and take part in campus sustainability efforts towards carbon neutrality
- Perform engineering analysis of campus systems for proper operations
- Indirectly lead campus maintenance technicians for proper maintenance and operation of campus systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably mechanical)
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience (can include internships)
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, that include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition, hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend