Assistant Coach - Volleyball
Job no: 494697
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University, a member of the BIG EAST Conference, seeks a full-time assistant coach for women's volleyball.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Training- Assist with teaching and coaching during individual/group skill instruction, practice coaching, game coaching and scouting which leads to the team’s competitive success. Assist with pre and post season conditioning, weight training and skill development. Prepare and execute practice and competition plans.
- Student-Athlete Experience- Assist with academic monitoring and personal development of student- athletes. Contribute to building a positive team culture.
- Recruiting- Assist with the evaluation and recruitment of academically qualified and national caliber student-athletes.
- Administrative duties- Assist with budget management, compliance, team travel planning, alumni relations, and equipment purchasing. Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- 2 years of collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience and the ability to physically play in practice.
- A thorough knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Desired candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication and leadership skills and be able to work effectively with student-athletes, coaches, administrators and staff.
- Proven record of outstanding integrity and ethical conduct.
- Excellent technology skills and proven innovation skills.
Commensurate with experience.
Butler is committed to developing a diverse pool of applicants and encourages the application of women and people of color.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
As a condition of employment, Butler University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff (subject to applicable law). COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQs
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend