Registered Nurse - 9 month
Job no: 494692
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Health & Recreation
Butler University seeks a Registered Nurse in a full time, 9-month, continuous position that provides, advises, and supports the health care needs for the campus community. The focus is on health education, prevention, and health promotion as well as taking care of acute care needs. This position will provide surveillance for the campus for reduction of communicable diseases and to prepare health science students for clinical rotations. The RN will practice within the scope of nursing in the state of Indiana and working in collaboration with the Physician and mid-level providers. Work schedule is mid-August thru mid-May, Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Nursing assessment
- Care planning and management
- Provider support to include acute visits and various procedures including but not limited to: triage, allergy shots; lab testing (rapid, "in office" and send outs); support for therapeutics/medications and procedures; and outside order for continuity of student care.
- Dispense medication, including prescription and OTC
- Surveillance of medical records including working with College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences students to provide medical clearance prior to clinical rotations; international students; verifying immunization and TB compliance; incoming students, review PE and immunization compliance.
- Non-clinical duties to include: daily stocking and cleaning, inventory management, safety, infection control, and preventative maintenance
- Collaborate with various disciplines to support care plan including collaboration and continuity of care with Counseling & Consultation Services, Student Affairs, Student Disability Services, athletic trainers, and others as appropriate.
- Quality Management, Compliance (HIPAA, FERPA, Billing and Coding documentation, medical documentation)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree and be a Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure in good standing
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified
- American Lung Association Certification for TB testing
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend