Executive Assistant - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Job no: 494626
Work type: Staff Full-time
The Executive Assistant will provide high level, direct confidential and complex executive and administrative support and assistance to the Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. This includes maintaining and prioritizing the VP's calendar, making travel arrangements, drafting/proofing confidential and other sensitive correspondence and materials, and managing budgetary and financial processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and research relevant supporting information and materials for meetings, events, programs, and confidential matters. This includes meeting agenda and materials preparation, attendance and notetaking, timely follow up on requests and data, and coordinating time sensitive correspondence.
- Manage the communication of DEI related information to both internal and external stakeholders to include composing DEI acknowledgments, manage distribution lists, compiling DEI events and program calendar, and related tasks
- Anticipate and prioritize special projects and events that require administrative and/or executive level planning
- Manage budgetary and other financial processes, as directed
- Managing VP calendar and booking travel arrangements, as needed
- Drafting and proofing confidential and other sensitive correspondence and materials
- Work with campus and community partners to coordinate and execute projects and events
- Other administrative and operational duties related to DEI as assigned
Essential Job Qualifications
- Combination of education and progressively responsible administrative support experience at an executive level
- Proficiency in Office 365, including Teams, and other communication tools
- Experience drafting, editing, and proofreading professional communications
- Ability to prioritize commitments, meetings and internal/external customers
- Demonstrated ability to multitask - answering phone, meeting clients, preparing for upcoming meetings
- Commitment to the ideals of and actions towards racial, social, and economic justice
- Deep understanding of the concepts of structural racism, equity, justice, white privilege/supremacy, internalized oppression, cultural humility, antiracism, accessibility, belongingness, etc.
- Previous experience or demonstrated competency in problem solving and attention to detail
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to positively work and influence all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated successful experience working with BIPOC and other systemically minoritized of students, faculty, staff, and/or community members
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft software applications a plus
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
As a condition of employment, Butler University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff (subject to applicable law). COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQs
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend