Director of Academic Services - Men's & Women's Basketball
Job no: 494567
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University Athletics seeks to hire a Director of Academic Services - MBB/WBB. This position will have direct responsibility for student-athlete academic support for men’s and women’s basketball and will include some travel with the teams.
- Conduct academic team meetings at the start of each semester. Facilitate ongoing, individual meetings with student-athletes. Assist student-athletes in developing effective study habits, skills, and strategies for long-term success.
- Follow up with student-athletes, faculty, coaches, and fellow administrators in response to academic issues and concerns. Make referrals to, and collaborate with, office colleagues, faculty, faculty advisors, and other administrative personnel to enhance student-athlete support.
- Assist in preparing travel notifications, grade reports, and academic award nominations. Assist in monitoring transfer student-athlete academic progress to ensure compliance with university and NCAA guidelines. Assist in the coordination/monitoring of daytime and evening study hall.
- Assist in recruiting academically qualified student-athletes. Support programs that aim to promote the overall success, welfare, and inclusion of student-athletes. Travel with designated athletic teams when necessary and appropriate. Maintain accurate records in compliance with university, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ensures admissions requirements and satisfactory academic progress are met for all assigned incoming and continuing student-athletes pursuant to university, conference, and NCAA rules.
- Interprets, analyzes and monitors academic progress of assigned student-athletes.
- Assess student-athlete overall academic performance and its impact on progress toward graduation and NCAA eligibility.
- Maintains knowledge of all university, conference, and NCAA rules concerning academic standing and eligibility requirements.
- Communicates academic progress reports and status updates to assigned coaches and student-athletes.
- Provides advice and make recommendations to coaches on the academic potential of assigned prospective student-athletes and assists through the admissions and recruiting process.
- Ensures consistent and engaged attendance to class, tutoring, and learning specialist activities.
- Proactively monitor and provide intervention strategies for student-athletes.
- Responsible for academic plans to monitor progress towards degrees, as well as assisting with scheduling and registration process for the student-athletes.
- Track and collaborate with student-athletes on course selection, major exploration and declaration, degree plans, transfer credits, internships, and career preparation.
- Assist with the summer bridge program for incoming and transfer student-athletes on the men’s and women’s basketball.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience working directly with students/student athletes
- Knowledge and ability to ensure compliance with NCAA rules and regulations
- Proficient in the use of NCAA software and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills
- Strong listening skills
- Experience working with men’s and women’s basketball student-athletes
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
As a condition of employment, Butler University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff (subject to applicable law). COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQs
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend