Director of Risk Management and Assistant General Counsel
Job no: 494566
Work type: Staff Full-time
Risk Manager and Assistant General Counsel ensures effective risk management for the University by collaborating with key risk stakeholders. The primary function of this position is responsibility for risk identification, analysis, administration, monitoring, measuring and management of risks. Responsibilities also include assisting in defining and overseeing the implementation of risk solutions. Additional responsibilities include contract review and some business transactional work. The ideal candidate would have experience in risk management and 2-5 years of experience in insurance law and/or business law. This position reports to the General Counsel
- Direct the purchase of insurance programs, management of claims and loss control activities, manage relationships with third party service providers (brokers, insurers), prepare loss analysis, identify exposures, recommend solutions, implement approved programs, promote loss prevention, update and monitor compliance with insurance procedures.
- Develop and coordinate all claims related activities.
- Ensure proper and efficient handling of claims, including management of worker’s compensation claims.
- Educate Operations staff to understand hazards and risk related to insurance coverage or other risk management tools.
- Develop, oversee and support crisis management plans, including training.
- Review contracts for all University clients with focus on risks presented, insurance and indemnification provisions.
- Assist the Office of General Counsel relating to other legal matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Builds strong relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize, prepare, and maintain detailed records and reports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Licensed to practice law in Indiana
Applicants must submit:
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Cover Letter
- Names and telephone numbers of at least three (3) references
Only completed applications will be considered.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition, hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend