Building Services Lead - Custodian
Job no: 494559
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Provide and assist the supervisor and oversee daily supervision for up to 20 building services employees at any given time. Plan, schedule and coordinate assignments for building services staff engaged in maintenance and general housekeeping of university buildings. Determine priorities and adjust schedules as necessary. Ensure that the daily operation goals are met each day.
- Performs "hands on" daily cleaning of facilities, including restrooms, classrooms, dormitory rooms, walls and floors, delivering housekeeping supplies and any other assigned duties.
- Performs supervisory duties when the Building Services supervisor is off duty due to PTO or when the supervisor position is vacant. During these periods, will supervise between 1 and 20 Building Services staff as necessary.
- Initiates and follows-up on routine and special housekeeping and maintenance-related work order requests.
- Assists the Building Services supervisor with conducting safety and job training, as well as new staff orientation as necessary.
- Assists the department and university events with setting up chairs, tables and other furniture as required for campus events and functions.
- Responds to Emergency situations when necessary. Assists with providing feedback and assessment of emergency situations to Building Services director and supervisors.
- HS Diploma or GED and 1-2 years of housekeeping experience required.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Creates an environment of fairness and trust among co-workers
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Productivity\Consistently completes work in a timely manner
- Produces quantity of work assigned to the position
- Recognizes potential problems and promptly informs supervisor
- Evaluates facts and reaches sound conclusions
- Effectively prioritizes challenges
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Promotes information sharing
- Strong listening skills
- Maintains good, cooperative working relationships
- Willingness to ask questions when not fully understanding how the job should be done
- Willingly adapt to new or changed situations
- Accepts responsibility when asked
- Demonstrates high commitment to quality
- Possess strong product knowledge
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
As a condition of employment, Butler University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff (subject to applicable law). COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQs
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend