Associate Director of Camps Administration
Job no: 494549
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University is looking for an enthusiastic Associate Director of Camps Administration to provide administrative oversight, direction, and management of its internal camp programming and the various stakeholders that run external camps on the University’s campus, both day camps and residential camps. This position is an integral position to the Butler Arts & Events Center team and will work in tandem with the Events Department to provide and ensure a high-quality experience for camps and conferences.
In this role, the Associate Director of Camps Administration will be supporting and overseeing various internal and external groups on campus that will be designing suitable educational and recreational activities for their camps. Providing direction to internal and external stakeholders to modify their activities to suit the needs of specific groups and coordinate resources for camp operations will be integral to this role. Additionally, the Associate Director of Camps Administration will provide management and oversight of university summer housing, and the centralized camps and housing registration process.
To ensure success, the Associate Director of Camps Administration should exhibit experience in developing camp curricula and demonstrate the ability to create sustainable systems and processes so that stakeholders can be best advised and set up to succeed.
Camp Associate Director Responsibilities:
- Support the hiring of camp employees, including activity specialists, recreation leaders, and camp counselors.
- Ensuring safe practices and a healthy camp environment.
- Associate Camp Director Responsibilities:
- Assisting and consulting with stakeholders to determine camp requirements as they create their camps.
- Serves as the primary contact for all external clients and campus constituents wishing to host their programs on campus
- Serves as the primary liaison between the university, campus facilities, vendors, and all the camps and conferences housed on Butler’s campus
- Developing processes for camp employees, camper wellbeing/safety, accommodations, and meals.
- Managing the allocated budget and financials, as well as ordering appropriate housing-related equipment and supplies
- Keeping records and documenting processes.
- Tracking metrics and creating reports for grant compliance.
- Assist in the development of a centralized camp registration and tracking system.
- Assisting and advising on best practices for camp curriculum development of level-appropriate leisure and recreational activities.
- Coordinating university resources needed for daily camp activities and schedules.
- Providing education/suggestions for adjusting activities for campers with special needs and accessibility accommodations.
Camp Associate Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in camp management, recreation and leisure, or similar experience.
- Demonstrable experience as a camp director managing similarly structured camps.
- Extensive experience in planning and developing camp curricula, as well as modifying activities when required.
- Advanced ability to train and manage others.
- Extensive experience in working with children, as well as arranging camp accommodations, meals, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to manage budgets and monitor expenses.
- Proficiency in office software, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook Express, and PowerPoint.
- In-depth knowledge of activity-related safety regulations, as well as health and sanitation requirements.
- Ability to document processes and perform recordkeeping.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passionate about educational opportunities and camp experiences.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
As a condition of employment, Butler University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff (subject to applicable law). COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQs
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend