Director of Risk Management
Job no: 494490
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University seeks an experienced professional responsible for providing management, oversight and strategic direction for the risk management and insurance department, including an enterprise risk management program. This role is instrumental in supporting the Office of Legal Counsel and participating in and leading cross-functional groups related to University risk exposures.
- Ongoing development and implementation of the University’s Enterprise Risk Management program, including risk identification, assessment, mitigation, communication, and monitoring. Continuously assess the program to ensure its ongoing effectiveness and develop and recommend University policies and procedures related to the implementation of the ERM program.
- Work with insurance brokers, insurance company representatives and consultants in the selection and placement of insurance, claims filing, administration and resolution; evaluation of University operations and loss history to determine appropriate types and levels of insurance and retention.
- Assess leases and license agreements and contracts with the University to make recommendations related to Hold Harmless Agreements, Indemnity Agreements, and/or insurance limits for outside entities doing business with Butler. Assist in draft and execution of waivers.
- Assess, develop, implement, and improve policies, procedures, and loss prevention programs, as necessary.
- Develop or identify resources to assist University department with compliance requirements.
- Work with business units to determine educational needs and provide training, as necessary.
- Assist the University captive in its operations, including the selection and placement of coverage.
- Collaborate with various committees and workgroups by bringing risk management tools and expertise in evaluating risks.
- Work closely with CISO in the identification, assessment, and treatment of cyber-related risks.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in risk management, finance, accounting, or similar filed.
- 7+ years related experience in the management and/or coordination of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Detailed knowledge of corporate property/casualty insurance programs.
- Experience with a captive insurance company.
- Experience in compliance efforts or initiatives.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Applicants must submit:
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Cover Letter
- Names and telephone numbers of at least three (3) references
Only completed applications will be considered.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition, hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend