Administrative Specialist - Office of Butler Community Engagement
Job no: 494487
Work type: Staff Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will manage the day-to-day operations of the Office of Community Engagement. Duties include, but are not limited to: answering main phone line, providing support to office social media accounts, processing mail and mailings to alumni and community members, monitoring multiple departmental email accounts, providing customer service support for general alumni and community inquiries both in-person, on-line and over the phone M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., at times with little or no supervision.
Additionally, this position will:
- Provide organizational support for the Butler University Alumni Association Board of Directors and other volunteer leadership groups (helping coordinate meetings, maintain rosters & records, record meeting minutes, disseminate materials etc.) via USPS and on-line platforms
- Assist Director and staff with entering contact reports, facilitate follow-up and additional correspondence as needed to internal and external constituents
- Manage paperwork and organization for office’s budget, including processing invoices, managing credit card documentation, and monthly budget reports.
- Organize and manage administrative activity for Office of Community Engagement's events throughout the season including Homecoming. This includes but is not limited to: creating nametags, providing registration lists, organizing and shipping supplies for events, and ensuring coding of events in alumni database.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a team-based environment where critical thinking and problem solving skills are vital.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills; Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint are required.
- Desire to work in higher education fundraising is preferred.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude and proactively anticipate needs of staff
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries of a sensitive and confidential nature from donors, faculty, staff, and other University constituents
- Demonstrated pattern of flexibility, ability to manage multiple projects and willingness to take on new challenges
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, and decision-making
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends if needed
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend