Assistant Director of Admission - Mid-Atlantic Regional Representative
Job no: 494468
Work type: Staff Full-time
Admission Counselor or Assistant Director of Admission
Mid-Atlantic Regional Representative for Butler University
Butler University seeks a dynamic, experienced enrollment professional to join our team as a Mid-Atlantic Regional Representative. The candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate the values of Butler University.
This is a remote position with the ideal candidate living in, or willing to relocate on own, to one of the following states: Maryland, eastern Pennsylvania, and northern Virginia.
- Expand Butler University market position within the region and successfully support enrollment goals as established by University leadership
- Formulate recruitment strategies, plans and goals for the region based on demographic analyses, market research, and other admission data
- Manage and review all applications for admission from assigned territory
- Manage prospective and other professional correspondence
- Attend college fairs, high school visits and other recruitment events within assigned territory, which tentatively includes travel in the following states: DC, CT, MA, MD, NC, NJ, eastern PA, and VA
- Manage on and off campus recruitment events, counselor programs
- Routine travel to Indianapolis for training and on-campus recruitment events
- Serve on internal work groups and committees as assigned
- Assist and develop alumni recruitment network
- Develop new external constituent relationships to support accomplishment of enrollment goals
- Participate in professional organizational and professional development activities within the region
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Residency within Maryland, eastern Pennsylvania, or northern Virginia and a demonstrated working knowledge of this region’s secondary and higher education landscape preferred
- Admission Counselor: Minimum of one year experience working in college admission or related field
- Assistant Director: Minimum 2-5 years’ experience working in college admission or related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to successfully create and deliver content in large or small group formats, both in-person and virtual
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working in CRM database systems. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or Slate (Technolutions) preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other technological competencies
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work weeknights and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel approximately 12-16 weeks each year
Candidates should go to careers.butler.edu and select “staff openings.” Please include your resume and a cover letter that actively articulates your interest in this position and advocates yourself as a candidate.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend