Assistant Athletic Director - Events and Facilities
Job no: 494449
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University is seeking an Assistant Athletic Director - Events and Facilities. Butler University is an NCAA Division I institution, a member of the BIG EAST Conference and the Pioneer Football League, comprised of 20 athletic teams. This position reports directly to the Associate Athletic Director of Internal Operations.
- Oversee the planning and supervision of all events held in athletic facilities, while striving for operational excellence to successfully host amazing student-athlete and fan experiences
- Provide supervision of game day operations personnel and Fieldhouse Crew staff
- Lead preparation and management of NCAA and Big East Conference post-season bids and hosting of events
- Provide efficient management all facility scheduling in EMS system
- Support the planning of facility rentals in athletic facilities, including sport camps
- Provided oversight of all athletic facilities, including monitoring of upkeep and maintenance with campus facilities staff
- Assist the Assistant Athletic Director of Business Operations and the Associate Athletic Director of Internal Operations with oversight of team travel, which includes the bid solicitation for bus, flight, and hotels
- Maintains compliance with NCAA, Big East and Butler policies and procedures and rules and regulations
- Support code specification compliance in all athletic facilities
Attendance at events on evenings and weekends is required. Other duties may be assigned as a member of the senior staff. Travel is required, albeit limited.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in facility or event management required
- Experience in a collegiate athletic department is desired
- Commitment to the values and mission of Butler University required
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills required
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend