Job no: 494305
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Information Technology
Butler University is inviting applications for the position of Broadcast Engineer in the College of Communication. The Broadcast Engineer will provide support for our live broadcast truck, studio spaces, and field equipment.
The primary responsibility of the Broadcast Engineer is to provide support to our production faculty/staff and student crew to ensure quality broadcasts and educational outcomes. We seek candidates who are prepared to contribute to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse students, faculty, and staff. Successful candidates will have a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational and work environment and be willing to contribute to these efforts.
The Broadcast Engineer will apply a working knowledge of network and IT infrastructures, preventive maintenance, signal flow, troubleshooting skills, site logistics and coordination, and strong communication skills with faculty, staff, students, and clients.
We will begin reviewing applications May 1, and continue until the position is filled.
- Leads the CCOM broadcast truck, including all aspects from driving to the location, setting up the broadcast, working with producers and crew during the broadcast, tear down, and returning the truck to the Fairbanks building.
- Direct the activities of crew members related to the operation of the mobile unit, including setup and breakdown of the truck, inventory management, and proper use of equipment
- Serves as primary engineering support for Butler’s College of Communication, which entails the CCOM broadcast truck, the Fairbanks studios, and the production equipment located in CCOM equipment checkout.
- Additional assignment will include assisting and consulting with engineering needs in the Butler esports production studio located in The Park.
- Provide exceptional on-site client service and technical support
- Offer innovative, creative ideas that add value to our productions and assigned projects
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Strong knowledge of SMPTE Fiber and SDI Video, analog and digital audio, NewTek NDI, Streaming standards, IP based audio and video, and Networking
- Strong knowledge in computer and IT systems
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to drive 20’ box truck (non-CDL)
- Associated degree in electronics or equivalent experience
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs
- Must be able to work five days per week and work variable hours, nights, weekends.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend