Project Manager, Butler Beyond Transformation Lab
Job no: 494180
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Transformation Lab, the Transformation Lab Project Manager is responsible for the project management of new education/business models and ventures from a variety of sources that support the Butler Beyond strategic direction and span the organization. As a project manager, you will coordinate the development and innovation processes necessary to support moving ideas from seed to pilot to launch in support of new programs, models, and ventures. Responsibilities include managing projects, addressing issues quickly, connecting with the appropriate stakeholders, and ensuring the satisfaction of the university community.
Manages all stages of assigned Transformation Lab projects (i.e., ideation, assessment, validation, design, pilot, and launch). Ensures all stage gates are met before advancing a project to the next stage.
Tracks project statuses, successes, failures, and lessons learned. Communicates these items in an effective and transparent manner to stakeholders (leadership and the faculty/staff involved with the project).
Develops realistic project plans and schedules for proposed projects. Uses data from various sources (e.g., environmental factors, resource requirements, task dependencies) to inform project plans and schedules. Schedules, coordinates, and facilitates project-related meetings.
Becomes and stays deeply connected with the projects and identifies any risks related to the project (i.e., potential to miss deadlines or miss financial targets). Communicates risks immediately and effectively.
In collaboration with Transformation Lab team members, creates a process/system to track projects. Produces timely and accurate reports to record project results, statuses, and information related to Transformation Lab projects.
- Works collaboratively with various Butler team members (both internal and external to the transformation lab) and external constituents to move ideas forward in the transformation process. Uses systems-thinking when working with projects to identify potential expansions or projects or barriers to success.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Professional Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Relevant Work Experience: 3+ years in project management. Experience in higher education and/or start-up environments is strongly preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Project management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to facilitate productive meetings
- Knowledge of project management systems/software
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Willingness to work through ambiguity
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We
welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity,
sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
national origin, or any other legally protected category.
We seek candidates whose previous work and life experiences prepare them to
contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse
students, faculty and staff. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated
commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion and intercultural development in a
work environment and be eager to contribute to inclusion efforts on campus.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend