Executive Director of DEIB and Chief Diversity Officer
Job no: 494110
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Human Resources
The Executive Director of DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging) and Chief Diversity Officer will successfully partner with colleagues supporting diversity, equity, inclusion across the Butler community to align and meet Butler’s strategy to enable and promote an intentionally diverse, inclusive, equitable learning and working environment with a strong sense of belonging among faculty, staff and students.
- Provide strategic and consultative leadership and strong change management in the development and implementation of programs and services that celebrate diversity, maintain equity, enable inclusion and empower an environment of belonging for the Butler community
- In partnership with HR leadership, assess cultural needs as it relates to DEIB and using the information, design and manage an effective strategy responsive to the needs of the Butler community
- Build strong and productive relationships across the Butler community that welcome and empower others to contribute to and champion organizational growth, development and change related to DEIB
- Create, implement and assess programs that will further the hiring, retention and development of diverse talent
- In Partnership with HR leadership and Butler department leaders, create structures, policies and processes that empower accountability for DEIB across leadership teams and track relevant metrics to measure progress
- Create and deliver DEIB-related training to staff across all departments/divisions and assist with organization-wide programs that foster learning, empowerment, belonging and celebration of cultural differences and similarities
- Manages, communicates and articulates Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy/plan
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with demonstrated experience in developing strategic productive partnerships that support diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging within a complex organizational context
- Demonstrated skills in project management, change management and collaboration around development and implementation of cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Experience working collaboratively with broadly diverse teams, communities and department leadership
- Prior success in coaching, mentoring, educating and presenting curriculum for highly interactive and engaging DEIB training opportunities
- Proven effectiveness in change management with prior experience facilitating shifts in both mindsets and structures in complex environments
- Understanding of HR related laws, regulations, etc.
- Master’s degree in human resources, organizational psychology or other related field
- Ability to listen deeply, win trust and respect, and be approachable as a trusted, balanced resource
- Solutions oriented, addressing challenges, opportunities or barriers in implementation
- Experience leading and managing change in a higher education institution preferred
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend