Director, Total Rewards
Job no: 494066
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Human Resources
Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director of Total Rewards is responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the organization's compensation, benefit and worker’s compensation programs that attract, retain and engage Butler faculty and staff. Specifically, the Director of Total Rewards is responsible for developing, recommending and implementing creative and cost effective, new, or modified plans and policies that provide a competitive employee value proposition and are sound business decisions for our organization.
The Total Rewards Director will be a strong advocate and keeper of company culture; will be responsible for building a strategy to strengthen the overall recruitment, diversity and retention strategies to attract, retain and engage a high performing workforce.
- Develop, implement, administer, evaluate and communicate competitive compensation, benefit and wellness programs to support strategies and business objectives that attract, retain and engage a high performing workforce.
- Conduct regular market analysis including external market data to ensure equity of salary and current employees and proactively recommend adjustments as necessary to remain competitive
- Design and implement appropriate salary infrastructure and leveling for the organization, manage salary administration including recognition programs
- In collaboration with recruitment and HR teams, develop and implement proactive wellness campaigns to address the needs of Butler faculty and staff
- Serve as lead implementer of compensation, benefits and workers' compensation data management and subject matter expert in Butler's HRIS system
- Partner with Department of Research to prepare salary and employment data for appropriate federal, state and local agencies
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, business administration or related field
- Certification required in either Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Employment Benefit Specialist (CEBS)
- 5-7 years of experience working in progressive leadership roles in benefits and compensation with duties including but not limited to benefits and wellness program administration, development of strategy around benefit and compensation programs, administration of retirement programs like 401k,403b, salary survey submissions, market data analysis, development of job descriptions, equity analysis, HRIS reporting, salary structure administration, FLSA classifications, position salary analysis
- Advanced spreadsheet proficiency to interpret, analyze and present data
- Demonstrated knowledge of state, federal and local employment compensation laws and regulations
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, analytical, organizational and consultative customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office suite including excel, power point, word and database applications (HRIS)
- Previous benefits and compensation experience in higher education strongly preferred
- Previous experience implementing new HRIS system strongly preferred
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend