Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Assistant Athletic Director - Business Operations
Job no: 494023
Work type: Staff Full-time
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR - BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- Serve as a collaborative, innovative and effective leader to manage the daily business operations of the Butler University Athletic Department. Reporting to the Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations, and collaborating with Butler Athletic staff and coaches, the Butler University Business Office, Butler University Financial Aid Office and other campus constituencies, contribute to the development and daily management of the department operating budget and athletic financial aid budget.
- Provide planning, preparation and organization for the department’s zero-based budgeting process. Monitor and manage the departments’ operating budget that supports 22 teams and over 500+ student-athletes. Assist the department’s coaches and staff in following sound financial principles in accordance with department, institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations and policies and procedures. Duties include processing requests for payments, expense reports, purchase orders, requisitions, journal vouchers, department deposits and reconciling departmental credit cards.
- Oversee and manage the athletic financial aid budget through collaboration with the Butler University Office of Financial Aid. Work with the coaches to plan and manage each team’s scholarship budget and ensure all budgets meet University and NCAA rules and regulations and policies and procedures. Prepare all NLI and financial aid agreements.
- Serve a lead role in game/event management as assigned. Responsibility in overseeing the revenue producing area of athletic event parking at men’s basketball home games and football home games.
- Serve as a secondary sport supervisor for a sport(s) as assigned. Work closely with the primary supervisor to assist with overseeing all aspects of program management, student-athlete experience, and competitive success of the respective program.
- Coordinate team travel logistics for the department’s teams, in close partnership with Anthony Travel, the Official Travel Partner of Butler University Athletics. Responsibilities involve organization of team ground transportation, hotel reservations, flight bookings, and catering/meal needs.
- Demonstrate support for the University’s mission, the Athletic Department mission and the Butler Way.
- Embrace the highest standards of integrity and ethical behavior by meeting the compliance requirements of the NCAA, BIG EAST Conference, Butler University, and any federal, state and local laws. Attend and participate in scheduled compliance seminars and comply with department efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- 1-2 years work experience on a university campus in an Athletic Department or with budgets and accounting
- Understanding of Butler University, BIG EAST, and NCAA regulations/policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, NCAA Applications, PeopleSoft, and Chrome River software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.