Student Employment Coordinator
Job no: 493961
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Administrative, Academic & Student Services
The Student Employment Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive student employment program to assist students in obtaining on-campus positions and off-campus Federal Work-Study (FWS) community service positions. The Student Employment Coordinator/Office Manager will also provide clerical support for staff.
- Post open positions on the job search portal for students to apply
- Maintain the annual Federal Work-Study community service program budget
- Organize and coordinate annual Get Hired! Part-time Job Fair
- Work with students and supervisors to post and locate open positions
- Establish and maintain relationships with various entities including Financial Aid, Payroll, and Career and Professional Success (CaPS)
- Enforce current employment policies as they relate to on-campus employment and Federal Work-Study including completion of employment eligibility, tax, and hiring forms
- Coordinate yearly Student Employment Appreciation Week and the Student Employee of the Year program
- Resolve issues in student employment, payroll, and Federal Work-Study
- Record student employment activities in the database and in HR records in PeopleSoft
- Maintain student employment portion of the website
- Provide annual training for new supervisors on campus
- Participate in various events to speak with incoming students and their families regarding student employment and Federal Work-Study
- A High School Diploma is required
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Professional work experience is preferred
- A working knowledge of spreadsheet, database management, and Microsoft Office products. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attentional to detail. Demonstrated marketing experience using social media.
Review of applications will begin April 12.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend