Assistant Director, New Student and Family Programs
Job no: 493953
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
The Assistant Director of New Student and Family Programs, as part of the collaborative team of Student Involvement and Leadership, helps coordinate and improve the programs and services of the office. Their primary objectives are to promote student learning and development by focusing on engagement, service, and involvement through hands-on experiences. The staff creates an environment that contributes to the sense of community on campus, within student organizations and beyond.
- Assist in the coordination of new student Orientation activities including selection and training of student leaders, planning and implementation of overall Welcome Week programs, and promotion of Orientation and its components to various constituencies. Additionally, coordinate January new student orientation.
- Assist with the development of campus-wide programming through the University Programming Council and/or the Civic Engagement Programming Council including planning and implementation of programs, training and supervision of student staff, and advising related student organizations. Contribute to BU|BeWell by coordinating programs and services for students that advance an intentionally-inclusive campus community
- Assist in the development and coordination of new student programming throughout the year.
- Activate and advance Family Council membership, programming, and committee responsibilities.
- Delivery of resources, networking opportunities, and yield content related to prospective new students and families in New Student Registration/Virtual Registration process
- Assist in the coordination and execution of Family Weekend programming.
- Master's Degree in College Student Personnel or other related field
- 1-2 years experience
- Demonstrated commitment to growth and development of students
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Command of technology including social media and other online sources
- Experience in special events planning
- Experience in advising individuals and groups
- Experience in research and developing policies, procedures and guidelines
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender, identity, sex, race, religion, color , disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend