Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Job no: 493927
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Butler University seeks a responsible candidate for the research assistant position. The minimal degree requirement for this position requires advanced knowledge as evidenced by a Master’s degree in the general area of biomedical sciences, however candidates with higher degree also will be considered. We are seeking candidates with specialized, intellectual instruction and study, or must specialize in other similar fields, such as teaching, computer analytics, and engineering.
Responsibilities include specialized activities in the area biomedical sciences that include
- Knowledge and ability to execute and train students on a wide variety of established molecular biology techniques including: (PCR, Western Blotting, DNA sequencing, biochemical assays, NGS, Protein extractions, etc.), perform various cell culture techniques. Knowledge of basic data interpretation & troubleshooting/optimization, data presentation during regular staff meetings
- Occasional training of MS students in basic techniques and/or equipment usage including but not limited to: stock solution preparation, growth media preparation with microbiology aseptic standards, gel electrophoresis, cell culture maintenance, HPLC basics.
- Manage ordering of chemical and biochemical reagents, supplies, and equipment.
- Oversee day-to-day laboratory operations, purchasing equipment operation, resource allocation, cleanup and maintenance when necessary
- Involved in safety audit to ensure that all operations follow regulatory standards
- Monitor the receipt, storage, and withdrawal of all laboratory supplies and laboratory equipment.
- Develop and maintain a running list of equipment, including identifying regular needs of current equipment maintenance in order to project future budgets.
- Laboratory equipment oversight including periodic testing of functionality, maintenance, and ordering the repair visits.
- Oversight and maintenance of safety standards.
- Educational opportunities participation in teaching lab modules in courses and graduate program development.
- Participation in research projects (see examples at the following link https://www.butler.edu/cophs/pharmacy/faculty-research).
- Data analytics skills development
- Butler University employees can take any classes for free (e.g.leadership, basic programing)
- Ensure safety compliance, data integrity, quality control, and research standards are met including but not limited to auditing test procedures, documentation, QA meetings regarding laboratory investigations.
- Butler University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. Candidates must be sensitive to the needs of and possess an interest in working in an academic community that is diverse with regard to gender, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation or identity, disability status, protected veteran status, and religion. Indiana University is a provider of ADA services.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.