Interfaith Program Coordinator
Job no: 493792
Work type: Staff Part-time
The Butler University Center for Faith and Vocation (CFV) is seeking a dynamic addition to the team to fulfill the role of the Part Time Interfaith Program Coordinator. The Interfaith Program Coordinator enhances interfaith programming, education, and understanding here at Butler to create a more inclusive, vibrant, and purposeful community. The position works directly with the CFV to develop an interfaith vision for the campus and then seeks to promote and execute that vision through collaborations with CFV student groups, CFV initiatives, and other Butler partners related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- In conversation with CFV leadership, design interfaith programs for the wider Butler campus, particularly with an effort towards forging collaborations with key campus and community partners (including but not limited to service, networking, and educational opportunities).
- Assist with additional interfaith program planning the CFV is working on as a team, contribute to educational strategy, and interfaith goals.
- Be a source of input on wider campus needs during CFV staff meetings.
- Develop leadership among students.
- Develop relationships with key faith leaders and affiliates.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and appreciation of religious diversity, inclusivity, and pluralism.
- Experience working with young adults and within higher education contexts.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within teams, develop collaborations, and build consensus towards shared goals.
- Proficiency in being highly organized and managing several priorities at one time.
Additional Position Information:
This position is designed as a support role to the particular goals of the Center for Faith and Vocation related to establishing interfaith engagement on campus and empowering students to take on more roles of doing so. The Part Time Interfaith Program Coordinator reports to the Director of the Center for Faith and Vocation. The focus is specific and particular to these areas of the CFV portfolio and for that reason, it is designed and funded for 5 hours/week during the weeks of the year when the academic semesters are in session.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend