Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Job no: 493784
Work type: Staff Full-time
BUTLER UNIVERSITY MISSION
Our mission is to provide the highest quality of liberal and professional education and to integrate the liberal arts with professional education, by creating and fostering a stimulating intellectual community built upon interactive dialogue and inquiry among students, faculty, and staff.
The College of Communication at Butler University is recruiting for an Administrative Specialist for the Pulliam School of Journalism and Creative Media and the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department. The ideal candidate will be have a desire to get to know our students and form key relationships with them as well as be helpful to our faculty and staff while supporting the two department chairs with administrative duties. This person will carry out duties and responsibilities with limited to no supervision, excellent attention to detail and thorough follow-through.
- Arrive on time to open and close office for daily operations
- Welcome and greet all visitors with pleasant and professional demeanor
- Maintain the reception area environment, to include aesthetics, tidiness, and appropriate decorum (behavior)
- Responding and proactively assisting with inquires in a timely manner
- Proactively work to facilitate communication between visitors and employees within the department
Key Administrative Responsibilities:
- Perform complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrating text and graphics
- Manage correspondence for department operations
- Plan, set-up, monitor and tear-down of departmental events and meetings
- Maintain professional and accurate records including confidential reports and information both in electronic and written format
- Submit and monitor work orders for office and department members
- Prepare and process requisitions, expense reports, invoices, contracts and credit card statements
- Monitor, reconcile and generate reports for departmental budgets
- Use spreadsheet and database software to create and maintain various budget and personnel records
- Participate in a positive manner in the daily performance of duties in which an environment of respect and cooperation is fostered and demonstrated
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in creating a sense of support and welcome.
- Graduation from high school, some College coursework preferred and two years of clerical and administrative support experience which included experience in one or more of the following areas: maintaining records and files; preparing a variety of materials using a personal computer or word processor; assisting customers in completing forms and applications; and/or performing secretarial duties in support of professional staff.
Finalist will be invited to campus for interviews with members of the search committee and other relevant individuals in the College of Communication. Candidates invited to campus for an interview will be asked to complete a sample task as evidence of competency.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.