Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Director of Information Security and Risk
Job no: 493778
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Information Technology
Director of Information Security and Risk is the senior executive responsible for developing and leading the data security program and the overall coordination of data security, operational, and IT compliance efforts across the Butler University. This individual will develop and lead a university-wide information operations, security and compliance program including strategy and vision with the goal of ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of all data within the university’s purview, (student, employee, and research data), and to ensure that reasonable and appropriate security measures are in place to mitigate risk. Director of Information Security and Risk also leads the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) IT compliance program identifying ADA IT compliance issues across campus and implementing a program to address and mitigate those issues directly impacting students, staff, and faculty. This position requires an innovative strategic thinker with an open and collaborative style of leadership and management that fosters teamwork, sustains a learning environment for staff, and develops a healthy and deliberate culture in a service organization that engenders trust from the university community.
- Developing and implementing security, operations, and compliance methodologies that ultimately protect the university's physical and virtual assets
- Developing and leading the ADA IT compliance program
- Developing and managing constituent and external relationships
- Leading a team of security, operations, and compliance professionals and overseeing security and operational risk assessment efforts.
- Developing and overseeing a security operations remediation program, advising and collaborating with executive leadership, colleges and departments on security processes, business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and responding to data incidents involving the university network and systems
- Staffing IT security team including the recruitment of employees after determining the needs of organization, but also including orientation, training, performance appraisal, promotion, compensation, and termination
- Driving innovation at all levels in the organization
- Driving department strategic goals and objectives
- Performing administrative and other requests (expense reports, month-end reports, etc.) as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, or other related fields required
- Master's Degree in technical or business area preferred
- 10+ years of Information Technology networking, infrastructure, application development or related experience required
- 7-10 years of information security, IT operations, and compliance experience in increasing levels of responsibility required
- 7-10 years of increasing levels of leadership required
- 4-7 years of strategic thinking and organizational planning required
- Ability to effectively communicate in all mediums, to different skill levels of people, from technical, legal, and non-technical - legal backgrounds with advanced proficiency
- Experience and understanding in regulatory-controlled environments with advanced proficiency
- Increasing levels of management/leadership ability demonstrating advanced proficiency
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) and/or CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) certifications required
- Industry certifications such as CompTIA Security +, CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) certification, GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification), or ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) preferred
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.